It was really fun to take our boys camping. Have to say, I only got a few hours of sleep but they had nothing to do with it. The campground, while nicely situated was LOUD until the wee hours. : ( But it was completely worth it. My favorite memory from the trip is probably Dawson's waking up this morning. I was awake and lying right next to him. At precisely 5:58, he popped up - ready to go, but with a completely wide-eyed blank stare obviously trying to figure out where he was. I put my hand on him and whispered, "Hey, it's OK - we're camping!" The light instantly dawned and the biggest, most sincere smile spread across his face. He lay back down, totally happy to be where he was. A sweet moment. (Disclaimer: I can't take credit for most of these pictures. Out camera is on it's last legs, but the friends we were with took some great ones, which I am repurposing here...)







No comments:
Post a Comment